COPE's MISSION STATEMENT:
To assist Member Boards in the accreditation of optometric continuing education.
The objectives of the Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (COPE) are:
- To accredit optometric continuing education courses on behalf of member boards.
- To monitor programs to help assure the quality and independence of continuing education in appropriate settings with adequate administration.
- To reduce duplication of effort by member boards.
- To create a uniform method of recording continuing education activities.
- To be the reference source for member boards for information about continuing education programs and courses utilized by licensed optometrists to fulfill their continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.