OBTAINING COPE ACCREDITATION FOR YOUR ACTIVITY/EVENT
COPE Activity/Event Accreditation is a three-step process:
- The courses must be submitted through the COPE Review Process for qualification.
- The organization must submit specific activity/event information to COPE prior to the activity/event taking place.
- Additional information must be submitted to COPE after completion of the activity/event.
Important: Courses are not considered COPE-Accredited until the COPE Activity/Event has been submitted to COPE and the COPE Administrator has received notification that it was approved. Your attendees will not be given COPE CE credit unless your activity/event has been approved.
Here’s how the COPE Activity/Event approval process works:
- Your organization must become a COPE Administrator. For more information, see the administrator qualification page
- Once approved, you can login to your COPE Administrator account and submit the pre-activity information with the list of courses that will be presented at the activity/event. (You should submit your pre-activity information at least two weeks prior to your scheduled activity/event.) See sample pre-activity accreditation form.
- Once your COPE pre-activity submission has been received, you will be sent an email confirming your submission.
- Your pre-activity data will be reviewed for compliance with COPE’s accreditation criteria and Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education.
- You will be sent an email notification when your activity/event is approved. The courses that were COPE qualified are now considered COPE-Accredited Courses and can be promoted as such. Your activity/event and list of courses will be posted on the ARBO website.
- You will need to complete the accreditation process by submitting the post-activity information and supporting documents within 30 days of completion of the activity/event. See sample post-activity accreditation form.
- All courses which will be held at your activity/event must be COPE-Qualified prior to submitting the activity/event. Please keep in mind that it takes approximately 4-6 weeks for a course to go through the COPE qualification process.
- Each COPE-Qualified Course has a unique COPE Course ID number. Your COPE-Approved Activity/Event will also be assigned a COPE Activity ID number. You must include these COPE ID numbers in all correspondence to ARBO and on CE attendance certificates.